Biblical References: Matthew 19:13-15; Mark 9:33-37; Mark 10:13-16; Luke 18:15-17
Tune: The Sacred Harp, 1844; attributed to Benjamin Franklin White ("God Whose Giving Knows No Ending")
Text: Copyright © 2007 by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette. All rights reserved.
Copied from Songs of Grace: New Hymns for God and Neighbor by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette (Upper Room Books, 2009).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org New Hymns: www.carolynshymns.com/
Hymn Use Permission: Songs of Grace: New Hymns for God and Neighbor by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette (Upper Room Books, 2009) includes a permission note for those who own this book to use this hymn (along with the 76 other new hymns in the book) in their local church's worship services. People who do not own Songs of Grace are asked to contact Carolyn (email@example.com) for permission to use the hymn and to get a copy of the hymn formatted for worship bulletin use.
See excerpts from the books online at the Amazon links.
- Children of God Storybook Bible by Archbishop Desmond Tutu is a wonderful retelling of fifty biblical stories for children of all ages by the beloved church leader and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize with beautiful illustrations from gifted artists from around the world.
- The Child in the Bible edited by Marcia J. Bunge, Terence E. Fretheim and Beverly Roberts Gaventa is an excellent collection of articles about children in the Bible by top biblical scholars today.
- The Child in Christian Thought (Religion, Marriage, and Family) by Marcia J. Bunge is a wonderful collection of essays about how children and concerns related to them are addressed in the church history and the writings of theologians.
- Active Parenting Now in the Faith Community: A Biblical & Theological Guide by Bruce and Carolyn Gillette and Dr. Freda Gardner is the revised ecumenical guide for the popular Active Parenting Now (third edition).
- 99 Ways to Raise Spiritually Healthy Children by Kathleen Long Bostrom
- Family the Forming Center: A Vision of the Role of Family in Spiritual Formation by Marjorie J. Thompson
- Nurturing Faith in Families: 425 Creative Ideas for Family Ministry by Jolene L. Roehlkepartain
- Keeping House: The Litany of Everyday Life by Margaret Kim Peterson
- In the Midst of Chaos: Caring for Children as Spiritual Practice (The Practices of Faith Series) by Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore
- Real Kids, Real Faith: Practices for Nurturing Children's Spiritual Lives (J-B Families and Faith Series) by Karen-Marie Yust
- The Power of God at Home: Nurturing Our Children in Love and Grace by J. Bradley Wigger
- The Family-Friendly Church
- 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children (PDF file) is an introductory guide for responsible adults interested in the prevention of child sexual abuse.